Thanks to its strategic position, which overlooks the entire valley, the Bishop’s Fortress was one the most fearful fortresses during the Middle Age. In the 10th century, the Fortress was built by the military forces; in the 15th century, it was developed by the Malatesta family and in 1581 the bishop Giovanni Caligari moved there. Since the end of the 16th century until 1969, all the bishops of Bertinoro lived there.
The Fortress is provided with:
- 6 classrooms, on the main and second floor (wi-fi, projector, microphones);
- 1 computer lab for frontal lessons (24 computers, professor’s desk, projector, microphones);
- 21 guests rooms: 16 single rooms, 4 twin rooms, 1 double bedroom (wi-fi, lan, A/C, private bathroom)
Each teaching space can be equipped according to the need of the lecturer. Some teaching spaces on the main floor present original frescoes ranging from 15th to 17th centuries.